Saturday, February 9, 2008

Motsei Shabbat Blues and Pussy Galore



I am trying to sit down after supper for some work. There are so many pleasant distractions around here raging from football, taking a nap, reading a book, socializing, and I suppose homework too. I've been trying to sit down all week and write, but one event after another has kept me busy. Yesterday I finally went to the canyon (mall) for some Hebrew literature books.

Earlier in the week, I was just so physically exhausted, and I couldn’t explain why. I didn’t receive much sleep last week and perhaps it finally caught up with me. I find that the week really drags after Shabbat. I feel a real spiritual drag when Shabbos ends on Saturday night. Perhaps I am so used to not having work or school on Sunday. The Israeli weekend hasn't caught up with me yet. It's great having all day Friday off, but I want my Sunday's back too!

So it's about time I write about the incredible feline problem Israel has. During the British occupation in between the World Wars, apparently Israel had a serious rodent problem. The English imported thousands of cats to address the issue, although we no longer have vermin, a few thousands cats have gradually multiplied into hundreds of thousands of loud, annoying, occasionally diseased, but often cute cats. As I sit here typing, the computer room has been infiltrated by the most beautiful yet annoying black cat. These cats cry and scream for hours especially when they're hungry or in heat. We could have used some serious public service announcement from good old Bob Barker in this part of the world because most Israelis just don’t care about the insane over breading of cats.

Last week we saw a film that concentrated on the 2000 Israeli pullout from Lebanon. The film focused on several Israel soldiers saga pertaining to the final days of our occupation in extreme southern Lebanon. For those of you who don’t know, Israel occupied southern Lebanon between 1982-2000 as a means to combat the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) and then eventually against Hezbollah from using southern Lebanon as a launching pad for attacks into northern Israel. The movie shows how even the hardest of Israeli soldiers can question their mission and their country's objectives in the on-going war in international terrorism.

After the film one of our residents, (we'll call her Patty Peacenik) said, and I quote, "I want to go to Lebanon so that I may help the Lebanese people and create an open dialogue with Hezbollah." My chin almost dropped when I heard this. How fuckin stupid do you need to be and or want to be to visit Lebanon? Do you really want to be friends with terrorists who have publicly vowed to destroy the very state we have decided to stake our future on? How do you intend to arrive in Beirut with your Israeli passport or your American passport filled with Israeli stamps and visas? Last time I checked Israelis and even non-citizens who have Israelis stamps were forbidden entry into a half dozen of Arab/Muslim countries including Lebanon. Also, Israel has disallowed all of its citizens from entering the Hezbollah controlled and Syrian backed terrorist state. These bastards want me dead because I am an Israeli, Jew, American, supporter of Westernized culture, free trade and democracy. Patty Peace At All Costs wants to give back everything we have fought and died for over the last 60 years for a peace that still isn’t guaranteed. I’ll be dammed if I’m going to vote for relinquishing even one inch of land before those sons of bitches disarm, control their heathen savage animalistic behavior and curtail rocket attacks. I’m not just talking about Hezbollah but those crazy jihad lovers to the West, Gaza’s Palestinians. The 1960's ended a long time, and sadly the global fight against radical Islam started not that long ago. I am not interested in sitting down with criminals, passing the hash pipe, and singing Kumbaya. I don’t want to hug these less than civilized individuals, nor do I want to give them my children’s future land or sense of security. We all want peace but at what costs? Hezbollah doesn’t want peace, and they most certainly don’t want to recognize a Jewish Israel, not at least anytime soon. If we negotiate with mass murderers, we weaken this state. I don’t know when the Patty Peaceniks of the world will understand this, but I hope it’s before they give up everything that makes this state so amazing, so Jewish, so ours.

No comments: