Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Losing my blogger virginity

Shalom and welcome friends, family, and seedy online readers!

This is my very first blog entry, and I am extremely excited to join the international blogger scene. For those of you who don't know, or have been living on Mars the last year, I am about to make aliyah (Hebrew for ascending or moving to Israel), and needless to say my entire life is about to change.

I've created my blog, entitled Stranger in a Strange land, to educate my viewing public (family and friends) as well as the greater international online community about Israeli life. Several of the central themes discussed will include hot button issues like the on going Middle East conflict/the struggle for peace, Israeli/U.S. politics, religion (Judaism, Islam, Christianity), and pop-culture. Other less controversial items written will include my very own struggle to assimilate and adapt to Israeli culture as a young Jewish immigrant. Often, my journal entries will simply be a daily explanation of what occurred in my life. This is my best and sometimes only way to communicate with my adoring fans( all 5 of you) back home. I can't promise that every entry will be a Pulitzer Prize Award, or that I'll have perfect speeling and grammer, but I will try my hardest to inform, educate, and not bore.

Over the next few days, weeks, months, and even years, I will be inviting you, the entire World, into my life with brutal honesty. I expect nothing but from you the viewing public. If you have any questions, comments, or criticisms, please send me an email at Mountdew2891@aol.com

No comments: